Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

I'm exhausted.  I have started my blog post at least 10 times today.  I have so much to say.  I have been so aggravated at my fellow Americans.  I have been so mad at the News Media.  I have been so frustrated with my Facebook Friends.  I have wanted to lash out, speak out, make people listen - understand - I wanted to PROVE SOMETHING.

And I finally realized something late this afternoon - sometimes I need to WAIT and THINK before I express my opinion.  The very thing I was getting aggravated by - people spouting their opinions as soon as the Casey Anthony Trial verdict was read - was basically what I was trying to do on this blog.  I watched the trial so I could voice an informed opinion....and instead I was going to knee-jerk and start telling people how wrong they were.

So I will wait.  And I will think.  And I will form my opinion in a mature fashion.  And if I still believe that I have something to say that will benefit someone else, I will share it.   But today I have learned a wonderful lesson.  It is better to speak softly and be heard than to yell and be disregarded.

See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment