Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Whit's Wit

To understand this story you are going to have to read an old joke first:

A poor young man, having lost his eye in a horrible accident, was fitted with a prosthetic eye made of wood.  He was very depressed, feeling that he was so unattractive now that no woman would ever want to be with him.  In an attempt to cheer him up, a few of his friends invited him to a dance.  Once there, the young man noticed a young woman sitting by herself in the corner.  Since she was alone, he thought he might try to talk to her.  His friends thought it was a great idea, but warned him that she had just had cosmetic surgery to repair a hairlip condition, and although it was barely noticeable, she was extremely self conscious about it.  The young man was so happy to find someone who might understand his plight as well, that he boldly approached the young lady and asked if she would like to dance.  The girl was so happy to have been asked to dance by such a handsome man that she exclaimed "Would I? Would I?"  

His reply?  "HAIRLIP! HAIRLIP!!"

Ok, that is one of my all time favorite jokes and I have probably shared it with everyone I have ever met.  Having said that, let's jump over to a day in my office where I worked for a gentleman named Richard....who went by the nickname Dick.  One day a co-worker came into the office asking if I knew where some files had been moved...I said I had no idea.  Hearing the question, one of the other ladies yelled over the cubicle "Dick knows - Dick knows!" 

The reply?  "HAIRLIP! HAIRLIP!"

No comments:

Post a Comment