Thursday, August 4, 2011

Whit's Wit

My 16 year old Daughter, Samantha, came into my room this morning and said "You know that phrase 'You are the love of my life?'"  and I answered "Yes?" and her dialogue continued something like this:

"...that's really stupid, isn't it?  I mean, shouldn't it be 'you are the love of my life...so far?'  You have a 20 year old, whose been in a relationship for maybe two years, and he says 'you are the love of my life'....big deal!  You're only 20 years old....you haven't had a life!   I mean, if you've been married 25 years you might be able to say 'I really think you are going to be the love of my life and I'll let you know.'   It's like saying 'you are the best girlfriend I have ever had!'  Well, of course I am - all the others broke up with you or you didn't like them...how is that a compliment?  You are the best girlfriend I've ever had....that hasn't dumped me yet."

And people think teenagers are stupid.  This one is smarter than most adults I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment