Thursday, August 25, 2011

Whit's Wit

My Husband, Gary, and I have been married for 12+ years, and in those years we have done lots and lots of home repair projects together.  We work really well together, except for one tiny problem.  Gary works and rests and works and rests....I go at everything as if it is the worst possible thing in the world and I HAVE TO finish it NOW.  (And it is and I do.)  So I tend to work on things while he is resting...and thereby creating more things for him to fix. 

For example, when there was that huge metal toggle bolt screwed into the wall that he said "don't mess with that - I'll get it in a minute"....but his minute is NOT my minute.  So I just stuck a screw-driver in there and pried that sucker out ...and a large chunk of the drywall too.  Stuff like that.

We are working on a bathroom re-papering/painting project now and I told him that he would be super proud of me!  I had refrained from trying to remove the light fixture yesterday by coining a clever little phrase:  "WWGBMNTD?"  It took him a while, but he figured it out and agreed that it was a wonderful use of initialism:

What Would Gary Beg Me NOT To Do?


 At this rate I might get out of doing EVERYTHING!


No comments:

Post a Comment