Friday, August 5, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

I cannot tell a lie....I did not make what I am about to show you.  Instead, I paid $1.00 for it at the Atlanta Gift Mart where someone had whipped it up in a panic when she realized she didn't have a cake plate to place her Customer Appreciation cake.  Oh to be so clever and level headed in a crisis!

This is my cake plate.  Nice, average sized, classic pedestal style cake plate.

and THIS is how my cake plate is made - a decorative, plastic plate and a bowl hot glued together!

I really think this is just such a quick and inexpensive way to fancy-up your parties.  Not only can these be used as cake plates, but you can use different sized plates for your tablescapes, for displaying centerpieces, etc.  If I ever have the occasion, I plan on using mismatched tea cups and saucers in this manner to serve cupcakes.  You can purchase plates and bowls so inexpensively at thrift shops, yards sales and on clearance racks.  You could easily make special holiday-themed ones for every season.

However, the BEST way to display these cake plates is like this:

With something yummy and chocolate on them!!!! 

(cookies compliments of Samantha).

No comments:

Post a Comment