Thursday, May 12, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

Feeling a Little "Corny" Today

I finally found  the secrets to grilling corn!  At least it worked out wonderfully for me last night.  Double up on the aluminum foil and coat the ears with Olive Oil!!  (or to quote Rachel Ray EVOO).  I just poured some EVOO in my hand and smeared it all over the corn and then wrapped it up in two sheets of aluminum foil.  I put it directly on the grill at a temperature of somewhere between 350 - 400 degrees.  I also flipped the corn every 5-7 minutes, cooking for about 30 minutes in total.  When I unwrapped it the corn was a beautiful yellow without any burn marks and very plump.  I added a little butter and salt and YUM-O!!

And speaking of corn, I've mentioned my corn holders before, but I thought I'd post a picture today.  I use a wine cork to keep my corn holders together and keep them from poking me every time I rifle around in my junk drawer.  


    No comments:

    Post a Comment