Friday, May 13, 2011

Who Knew?

 Look at what I got in the mail yesterday: 
It's a ToastaBag - free from Jarlesberg.  We all know I order free stuff all the time online and I had totally forgotten about this one.  Anyway, it is a quick, easy way to make a grilled cheese sandwich in your toaster!  No muss - no fuss - no cleanup!!  (well, you do have to rinse the bag out - but come on!  It says it's even dishwasher safe - so there.)

I thought I would try it out and share with my readers (the process - not the sandwich).  So here we go.  I took the bag out of the envelope and read the directions as seen above.  Here's the bag:


I put a piece of cheese in between two slices of bread, put the sandwich in the bag, and inserted it into the toaster.  See?

I waited until the toaster popped - used that little handy bag handle to retrieve the bag (it wasn't hot at all, by the way) and removed my sandwich.  See below:

Well, looky there!  A grilled cheese sandwich!  I have to admit I should have checked the setting on the toaster because it was turned all the way up (darned waffles) so it got a tad browner than I like - but the cheese was melted and it was toasted and there was NO MESS.  I knocked the crumbs out of the bottom, rinsed the bag and stuck in the drain to dry.  So simple!!

According to the instructions you can feel free to put all kinds of stuff in the bag with the cheese....like ham or bacon - yum!  Since there was no butter needed it isn't as fattening either - always a plus in my book.

The free giveaway is over, but I found them online right here http://www.toastabags.com/- and it has a really cool commercial you can watch to show you what all you can do with the ToastaBag.  I think if I still had small kids this would be great to have in the kitchen.  I'd much rather my kid use a toaster than try to cook on the stove.

It's a pretty cool product if you ask me.  Who Knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment