Monday, May 23, 2011

Whit's Wit

When I was a little girl I used to think every source of water I got near was my own personal wading pool.  I would pitch the biggest fits to go wading, regardless of snow, rain, dark of night, etc.  And once I got in I certainly didn't want to get out!  My Parents would have to pull me out and listen to me cry.

Well, after one such episode - we had stopped along side a little creek in a gravel parking lot so that we could all wade for a bit - my Parents were having to listen to whiney Whitney beg to go back in the water.  As we pulled out of the parking lot, the tires kicked up the gravel and it began hitting the back of the car.  My Daddy said "See there!  The fish are throwing rocks at you!  They want you to go home too!"

It was honestly YEARS before I realized fish don't have arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment