Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

MOTHER KNOWS BEST!

Just a quick bit of wisdom tonight because i am super tired from cleaning my carpets.  Here goes:  LISTEN TO YOUR MOTHER!  My Mother told me to (a) borrow her carpet cleaner today instead of trying to fix mine or (b) borrow her carpet cleaner, Resolve, that she swears is the greatest thing since....well, you fill in something really awesome here (told you I was tired).  

Instead, I spent an hour trying to fix my small-area carpet cleaner, thought I had it fixed, didn't and spent too much time and energy using a broken cleaner when all I had to do is drive 1 minute to my Mother's house - and admit I was wrong.  Yeah, well....

But that's not all.  We both purchased these AMAZING counter-top wooden chopping blocks from Ikea a few months ago.  She said that she "always wipes underneath the board every time I clean it, just to be sure it isn't wet underneath it."  Well, of course she does.  I did too....for about a month.  And guess what?  Hers is nice and neat and mine is WARPED.  Just like my head.

Get the picture?  It isn't that Mother is always right - but she's got the experience you don't have - even if you are 46 years old and think you know everything.  So, listen to her - and do what she says - because she probably learned it already by NOT LISTENING TO HER MOM!

No comments:

Post a Comment