Monday, June 27, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

What I Did Today

 It all started because I wanted this free purse. 

It was free with purchase (and free shipping I must add!) so I purchased this roll pillow for my bed.  It cost me $2.50 for my purse and pillow.  Trouble was - the color of the pillow looked horrible with my bedspread. 
But that was ok, because I knew sooner or later I would find something I could use to cover it.  And I did!
I found these lovely pillow shams at the Thrift Store for $1.50 each.  I'm going to use one to cover my stool in the bedroom, but this one I used to re-do my roll pillow.  (Also known as a Bolster Pillow - who knew??)

I've told you before, I don't sew.  But I do own a sewing machine, so I got up the nerve to just try it today and it actually turned out pretty awesome!  

And this is the finished product!!  I had a lot of hit and miss attempts, but I am quite pleased.

Here's my point.  For $5.50 I got a purse, a pillow, some material and a craft project.  I taught myself something new, I focused on something other than my problems, and I created something I think is quite beautiful. I stepped out of that proverbial box and found that I could actually do something I had been telling myself I was no good at.  And it didn't cost me a fortune either!  

So....what are YOU going to try now??

No comments:

Post a Comment