Thursday, June 9, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

You know that commercial "Call before you dig?"  Well, I have a new spin on that for you....Look before you Trim!  Not hairstyle advice - I'm talking about your hedges and trees.

Every time I've pulled into my driveway lately I have thought "Oh my goodness, I have got to trim that holly bush!  It is awful!"  And honestly had all intentions of doing it this weekend.  Luckily, the bush is right outside our computer room window.  Today I was all alone and the house was unusually quiet, and I started hearing this little "peep....peep....peep" coming from outside.  I looked out the window and, sure enough, there was a birds nest in the holly bush - and it had babies in it!!  Granted, the babies were too big to still be making their Mommy find their food - but that's her business, right?  My business is that, had I not had a quiet house for a change, I would have completely destroyed their home!  I don't know about you, but that isn't something I want to live with!

So, before you start trimming those hedges and cutting those bushes and putting out brush killer - take a little time to see if someone has taken advantage of your lack of landscaping skills and are raising their new family in your tree.  You've waited this long to trim it - what's a few more weeks gonna hurt?  (You don't really want to do it anyway - admit it!)


No comments:

Post a Comment