Friday, June 3, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

Celebrate Your Successes!

I was notorious at work for "tooting my own horn" so to speak.  Whenever I did something I found above and beyond (and downright impressive!) I let my boss know about it!  Heck, sometimes I let the entire office know it!  I would say "Wow, Whitney - that was brilliant!" ...but only when it was.

It's a great thing to show confidence, to give yourself a pat on the back....to celebrate your success.  There is a fine line between boasting and celebrating - so you have to be careful.  But allow yourself to be proud of your accomplishments and don't be afraid to share it.  I would have been sitting at the same desk, doing the same exact job for 20 years had I not been proud enough of myself to let people know I did a good job.

Don't forget that you also have to be willing to step up and say when you are WRONG as well.  These two go hand in hand. But feel comfortable in letting your Employer know when you have really taken the initiative and done a fantastic job - who knows if he/she would ever find out otherwise??

No comments:

Post a Comment