Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

I've talked about this before, but my Daughter, Sammi, has had such success with this that she believes it needs to be repeated.  

COOKING SPRAY IS AWESOME!  I don't really know how I ever cooked before it was invented, but I know that no one in the house lets me run out of it now!  The obvious use is that it keeps your food from sticking when cooking.  It also has zero calories.  If we were to stop right there it would be considered a great product.  But the uses don't end there!  I'm beginning to wonder if they are going to change the phrase to: "It's the next best thing since COOKING SPRAY!"  mmmhmmm....

The two big things I use it for (besides cooking) is taking the squeaks out of hinges, just like WD40.  Not to take away from WD40 (which is a great product), but I don't always have it on hand.  If a door is squeaking, I can easily find the PAM  (or equivalent) in the cabinet, add a couple of quick squirts on the hinge and it gets quiet as a mouse.  My second favorite use is for keeping stains out of my plastic containers.  Spaghetti-like sauces will stain a plastic container immediately.  Lightly spray your plastic with PAM before pouring the sauce in and your container will stay nice and stain-free.

I also found a few more terrific uses for cooking spray in an article on DIYLife.com.  If I were you, I'd take a few minutes and read it.   There are some suggestions listed that I would have never thought of - but are so clever and practical!!  http://www.diylife.com/2011/01/13/cooking-spray-uses/

No comments:

Post a Comment