Tuesday, February 22, 2011

What'cha Reading?

I hate to admit this, but the entire time I was in San Francisco I never even picked up my book!  I had all of this alone time (my Husband was working during the day) and I probably could have read three books!  I spent a lot of hotel time researching how to get around San Francisco, places to eat, things to see....and I did catch up on any TV shows (Glee - Raising Hope) that I missed at night.  I honestly just had no desire to READ - so I didn't.

HOWEVER, I do have a funny story to share with you about my audiobook - Portobello by Ruth Rendell.  I believe I mentioned that Tim Curry is the narrator of the book.  Well, I am not a very brave flier and being on a five hour flight was not my idea of a great time.  We took along our laptops and watched a movie to keep me occupied, but that only lasted a couple of hours.  I think I must suffer from a bit of motion sickness and I began to feel a bit ill about two hours away from SF.  Anyway, I decided to try listening to my audiobook to distract me.  I sat back, closed my eyes and listened to the soothing voice of Tim Curry....and fell fast asleep!!  I had no idea what happened in the book - but I know that it is now on my top favorites list!  Seriously, I have gone back and listened to it since my return, and it is a really good story.  I just have two reasons to suggest it now!



No comments:

Post a Comment