Sunday, February 27, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

My Mom was (is!) a huge Tomboy.   She loves being outside, turning cartwheels, exploring, walking in the woods and exploring nature.

I loved to dance....to sing....to act.  I didn't care for outdoors - I am sooooo not a tomboy.  I can't do a cartwheel to save my life.

My oldest daughter took dancing....for about six months.  My youngest daughter was in drama for a couple of years.  Neither of them cared for chorus (although they both have pretty voices!)  They are both academically AMAZING - they make fantastic grades in school and actually retain knowledge!

My Mom would have loved if I'd have been an outdoors kind of girl - I would have loved it if my daughters would have been 'artsy'....and THEY will have their own children who have their own passions.

Let you children be who they are.  By all means, introduce them to your favorites, and introduce them to your NOT favorites....you'll be so surprised at how much YOU enjoy learning something different through THEIR eyes and hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment