Thursday, March 3, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

Do you SWAG?  No, I'm not talking window coverings here, I'm referring to SWAGBUCKS - one of the newest and coolest rewards sites on the net. I have to admit I was very skeptical about this to begin with, but once I finally started using the site I could kick myself for waiting so long.

In a nutshell, Swagbucks is a search engine that rewards you in points (swagbucks) that can be accumulated and traded in for prizes.  But it really is so much more than a search engine.  One of my favorite bloggers, couponingtodisney.com, Kristin has explained the program so well that it would just be silly of me to do a rewrite.  Here's her link:  http://www.couponingtodisney.com/2011/01/11/how-to-coupon-to-disney-with-swag-bucks/  (be sure to check out the rest of her site while you are there!) They have recently added some new programs that aren't mentioned in Kristin's article.

If you still have questions, here is the Swagbucks FAQ:  http://www.swagbucks.com/g/faq

I signed up with SB last summer, but really didn't start using it until November.  Since then I have earned $30 in Amazon gift cards.  I don't really order through them, (I use EBATES or UPROMISE for my online purchases), but I login each day and use it as my primary search engine.  It took me about a week to get used to it, and now I find it just as easy as 'Google-ing'.  Like I said, I login (1 pt), I do the daily poll (1 pt), I click through the NOSO section (2 pts) - that's 4 points a day for 1 minute's work.  But there are many, many other ways to earn points (as outlined above).  I'm just trying to show that this isn't something you have to spend a lot of time doing.  I urge you to check it out!

I added the Swagbucks Swidget to my homepage, so feel free to access SB through there!

No comments:

Post a Comment