Thursday, March 24, 2011

Who Knew?


I was making garlic toast last night and, for the life of me, could NOT see the salt coming out of the container.  I finally had to pour some in my hand and then sprinkle it onto the butter.  I told my daughter that colored garlic salt sure would be convenient.  It would be awesome for folks who really needed to monitor their sodium intake too.
Just when I thought I'd invent something and become rich....sigh.....I hopped on the old Swag Wagon (swagbucks search engine) today and look at what I found:




What's Shakin' Table Salt - Five different colors too!   They also offer Margarita salt.  You can order it online through the link above.

If you are like me, though, I prefer a do-it-yourself method.  I haven't tried it yet, but I'm thinking a ziploc baggy 1/2 full of salt, a couple of drops of food coloring and some shakin'!  I would suggest spreading it out on a cookie sheet to allow it to dry before putting it back in the shaker, though.  I bet the moisture from the food coloring would make it clump.  

If I can do it with salt, surely it will work with garlic salt too!  Now all I have to do is figure out which color looks most inviting!