Friday, March 4, 2011

Wait...WHAT?


My name is Whitney, and I don't like Walmart.

I LOVED Walmart 25 years ago when I had to drive 25 miles to shop there.  I could get some awesome deals and it truly was worth the trip 2 or 3 times a year.  Then they started popping up on every corner and raising their prices, but NOT improving their product quality.  Once they stopped "buying American" - I stopped shopping there.  Ok - not completely true - I probably shop there about 2 or 3 times a year again - but it's not the same anymore.  My Sister-in-law used to say "If Walmart doesn't have it - you don't need it!"  But that doesn't even ring true.  The store has just really gone downhill.

Well, hold on Walmart Fans - looks like someone in Wally World has finally noticed the decline in sales and might be reverting back to some old habits.  According to this Clark Howard video (link above), Walmart is about to have a massive CLEARANCE SALE on last year's merchandise.  Targeted items are toys, clothing, food and cosmetics (great time to stock up, Frugal Friends!!).  From what it sounds like, this clearance has either already began or will soon begin, so I'd start checking out your local Walmart!

They also have plans to go back to discounting like they used to.  As Clark points out, they are going to go back to "junking up the main aisles" as you walk through the store with the heavily discounted items.  I personally have to say that their "junkiness" is one of the reasons I choose Target over Walmart, but if the price is discounted enough it might be worth wading through the junk.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment