Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

I love, love, love sour cream on my homemade tacos.  I hate, hate, hate how it globs in one or two spots when I try to spoon it on.  My oh-so-intelligent daughter, Stephanie, solved this problem for me - plastic baggy!!

Take an ordinary plastic baggy (maybe that one that you bought accidentally with the fold over top that no one in your family will use! oh, sorry) and spoon in your desired amount of sour cream.  NOT TOO MUCH - you don't want to be wasteful.  Scoot all of the cream into one corner of the bag and then snip off the tip of the bag with scissors.  Gently squeeze your sour cream onto your taco!

This is basically like using a icing bag - but with sour cream.  I had actually considered doing this before, but I was afraid too much would be left inside the bag.  Not so!  Since it's not as thick as a frosting it slides right out!

It's the little things in life that make us the happiest.

No comments:

Post a Comment