Monday, March 14, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

I thought I'd give you a couple of more ideas for alternative uses on everyday household items. 


1)  Ice Cube Trays:

 
Ice cube trays are great....for making ice cubes.  But over time they tend to crack and leak.  Instead of recycling, try re-purposing!  I took an ordinary ice tray like the one shown below and used it to separate and store my earrings!  It would also be good to use from craft storage, such as beads or embroidery threads.


2)  Cardboard Box Insert

I love boxes.  I have an incredibly hard time throwing away (recycling!) boxes!  There are just so many uses for them!  But what about the cardboard insert?  You know, the little compartments that separate your beer, I mean, glass bottles, so that they don't bump and break?  Well, I have a fantastic use for that as well.  Take one cardboard insert like this:

And use it as a sock sorter like this!


You might have to measure the depth of the dresser drawer and cut the insert to fit, but it is quite simple with just a regular pair of scissors and a bit of patience.