Friday, March 4, 2011

Whit's Wit

It's FAMILY FRIDAY!!  My poor, sweet husband, Gary, has been sick this week, so I really shouldn't be posting this - but it's so funny that I just have to share.

Gary is ALWAYS, ALWAYS LATE.  He never shows up for anything on time.  His Mother and Sister will tell him a wrong time for him to be somewhere so that he will be 'close' to being there at the proper hour.  He really just has no concept of how long it takes him to do things, so he doesn't allow himself time to get the where he is going on time.  As the saying goes, he will be 'late for his own funeral'.

I was lamenting to my Mom one day that I have spent every recital, concert, play, awards, football games, etc. of our daughters school career turned around staring at the doors, waiting for my Husband to arrive.  And, in most cases, the lights would dim or the program would start and he would slip quietly inside and stand at the back of the venue until it was ok for him to come sit with me.  So I told my Mom that, when he dies, I'm not going to have him lying in wake at the front of the chapel.  

I'm going to have them start the music, start the service and then slide him and his casket through the back doors and let him stay there for the first part of his funeral!!  It will be much more natural for him!

No comments:

Post a Comment