Thursday, March 17, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

My family doesn't like to eat the heels of the bread (that's what we call the ends of the loaf....is this a southern phrase? hmmmm....)  So for years I had the heel sandwiches or threw them out for the birds.  But, you know, sometimes it was all I had to offer and then came the whining and complaining.   True story - my Husband knew I was aggravated at him one day because I gave him a heel sandwich.  He called to ask what he did wrong!

Well, my daughter's babysitter was a GENIUS and taught me this trick - turn the bread over!  Put the 'heel part' on the INSIDE of the sandwich....they won't even notice!  All those years that simple solution was right there in front of me and I was too blind to see.

Here are some other creative ways to use bread heels - compliments of eHow.com:  http://www.ehow.com/how_4549886_use-bread-heels.html