Thursday, March 10, 2011

Wait...WHAT?

Ok, I admit that I might be a little obsessed with this whole necklace thing and Lindsay Lohan.  It's not that I think she's that great of an actress (although I loved Mean Girls), I think it all boils down to two things:  (a) I hate it when young people screw up their lives and (b) my girls kind of grew up with her....she was young when they were young....they watched her kid movies.....this could be them but for the grace of God.

Today's news is that she plead not guilty to the theft charges today, rather than take a plea bargain.  Well....kinda.  Once again it appears they are going to give her ONE MORE CHANCE to come to an agreement and accept a plea deal by March 25th.....but then, really, they mean it - they will go to court if she doesn't accept the deal.  April 22nd is the date for the preliminary hearing.  And REALLY, they MEAN IT THIS TIME.  NO TAKE BACKS.

Unless they decide to give her one more of those one more chances.

Well....I've seen the surveillance tape (shown here via http://www.etonline.com/news/108518_All_New_Exclusive_Video_of_Lindsay_Lohan_Putting_On_The_Necklace_She_Allegedly_Stole/index.html)  and she definitely puts on the necklace.  And the store clerk sees her do it.  And her friend sees her with it on.  And they talk and text and look at other jewelry for about 45 more minutes.  And then (all of this according to ET Online) she puts her own necklace back on and she and the friend depart - the clerk opening the door for them and bidding them a fond farewell.

I'm sorry - but I think it was a mistake.  The clerk forgot she had it on, right?  Or she would have stopped her.  So why couldn't Lindsay have forgotten as well?  I just don't think she meant to steal it.  Go ahead - say it......