Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

 To take care of your family, you have to take care of yourself first.  It's like the say on the oxygen instructions on an airplane - put the mask on yourself first, then take care of your child.  And taking care of yourself means eating right, getting enough sleep, having some personal time to do things YOU enjoy, and being able to tell your family "no" sometimes. 

It also means going to the Doctor when you don't feel good.  I have a horrible practice of feeling bad, waiting for it to go away (magically, I guess!) and ultimately having to go to the Doctor anyway.  So for a week or two I am puny and whiney and not taking care of anyone - especially myself.  And what good am I going to be to my family if I'm not healthy?  I know they would prefer me happy and healthy!

Starting today, make sure you are doing for YOURSELF what you continually do for the ones you love!

I'm going to start practicing what I preach - - - Now hold still!  This won't hurt a bit!!