Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Weigh Cool!

 But it costs too much to exercise!

Yep....I like to use that excuse myself.  I can't afford to go to a gym, I don't have the money to buy workout equipment or go take a yoga class.  Heck, now we can even use "I can't afford the gasoline it takes to get me to the gym to workout!"  All EXCELLENT ways to keep our butts sitting in front of the television.

Know what I just did?  I just Googled the words FREE EXERCISE. About 185,000,000 results in 0.08 seconds.  Oh yeah, probably half of those are trying to sell me something.  So that leaves me around 92,500,000 opportunities to find something FREE online that will help me start moving my carcass and get in shape.  There are detailed workouts, free videos and free weight loss tools just waiting out there for all of us!

My daughter got one of those rubber workout bands a couple of days ago from Tylenol.  Just a freebie they were giving out when you visited their just keep moving website https://www.justkeepmoving.com/econsumer/jkm/index.view . They have given out pedometers and workout videos in the past.  Anyway, I stood on the band and pulled up on it for about 2 minutes....no use overdoing it, right?  My arms hurt so bad the next day!  How sad is that??  But how AWESOME that I didn't have to leave my house to get a major workout on my biceps?  AND FOR FREE? 

There are workout videos online, on Netflix - even some freebies on TV if you like to work out in the mornings.  There's also that free thing called WALKING if you can remember how to get started.  Put one foot in front of the other....and stop using the 'can't afford it' excuse anymore - no one believes you anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment