Friday, April 15, 2011

Weigh Cool!

My husband asked me to help him start making better food choices - especially when it comes to breakfast.  (That's because I already make his lunch and dinner - thereby making his better choices for him!)  So, I did what I always do....I started making his breakfast too!

But since you all aren't lucky enough to be married to me (giant LOL here!) I figured I pass along my easy-peasy breakfast secret to you....Mug Eggs!  I so wish I could take credit for this amazing creation, but alas, I have to admit that it came from Hungry Girl again.  This is one creative food lady and I can't stress enough how you should pick up one of her cookbooks if you are trying to lose weight!

Ok - so here's the basic recipe for the Easiest Egg Breakfast Ever...and then I've provided a link to Hungry Girl below that for some variations - enjoy!

The Egg Mug Classic
PER SERVING (entire mug): 95 calories, 2g fat, 490mg sodium, 3g carbs, 0g fiber, 2g sugars, 14.5g protein -- PointsPlus™ value 2*

Ingredients:
1/2 cup fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
One wedge The Laughing Cow Light Original Swiss cheese, cut into pieces


Directions:
Spray a large microwave-safe mug lightly with nonstick spray. Add egg substitute and cheese and stir. Microwave for about a minute. Stir gently, and then microwave for another 30 - 45 seconds, until scramble is just set. Stir and enjoy!

MAKES 1 SERVING


http://www.hungry-girl.com/newsletters/raw/1256 

No comments:

Post a Comment