Thursday, April 7, 2011

Weigh Cool!

Tip #2 - Buy some Yoga Pants

Yeah, I know..."I'm overweight - WHY do I want to buy skin tight pants that show every bump and bulge??"  And that is exactly the reason why!  Not only are yoga pants (or capris - whichever you prefer) incredibly comfortable, but they are the closest thing to being naked while dressed that I could find.  I wanted to see what I looked like before...but I also wanted to be able to see my PROGRESS.

I'm a very visual person.  I can look at the number on the scale and sometimes it's good...and sometimes it's not.  And it can be depressing if that number doesn't move like you think it should.  And depression leads to defeat---and defeat leads to eating.  But if I can throw on a pair of yoga pants and actually SEE that belly getting smaller - those thighs looking leaner - well, that number doesn't mean as much to me anymore.  And that's what weight loss is all about....not a number on a scale!

Why not just look at yourself undressed?  Well, two reasons.  I know when I was at my heaviest I didn't LIKE looking at myself naked.  And if I didn't like it, I assumed my husband didn't either....which made life not so much fun.  So wearing the yoga pants helped me get an idea of how I was progressing without letting it all hang out.  The second reason is that I wanted my family to notice the changes in me.  I would wear the pants at home or at weight watchers only (usually with a very long, loose shirt) and see if anyone noticed the weight loss.  Couldn't very well walked around nude, now could I??

It's also a very frugal idea to purchase a pair or two of yoga pants.See, they stretch a lot.  Unlike blue jeans or dress slack, as you lose weight, they still seem to fit your smaller body. And have I mentioned how comfy they are yet?  And they do have spandex in them, which holds some of your more jiggly parts in place when you walk.  (Hey, just being honest....)  They are comfortable to work out in, to work around the house, and even look nice paired with a nice tunic and heels!

The final and most important reason to purchase these pants is this - - - once that weight comes off and you are happy and healthy and feeling confident, these pants are the best way to help you maintain that new you.  Want to splurge on a double chocolate fudge sundae?  Go put on those pants and look at yourself in the mirror.  Don't like what you see?  Well, maybe a small yogurt is in your future.  Like what you see? Great....but do you really want to ruin it with that sundae??  Maybe a small cone of your favorite ice cream instead!  I don't know about you - but being happy when I look in the mirror is a lot more satisfying than ice cream!!

(Guys - sorry to leave you out of this one....not sure if they make yoga pants for men.  Maybe try some of those tight bike shorts? )

No comments:

Post a Comment