Friday, April 1, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

Paper, Paper, Paper!!

Sometimes I think I am drowning in Paper!  Bills, coupons, sales flyers, junk mail, newspapers, magazines  - UGH!  I usually stack it on the right side of my desk for when 'I can get to it'.....and that is usually when it all falls off the desk into the floor because it's stacked so high!

I have recently started a new practice that I hope will turn into a good habit.  I go outside to get the mail and then stand by my recycling bin outside and open the mail.  Sales catalogs get tossed immediately - if I don't see something I want I don't buy it ---if I don't look - I don't want.  I tear up all junk mail and in the recycle bin it goes.  I open the bills and keep the stuff I need and the rest gets ripped and recycled. (I do keep the return envelopes - I'll tell you what I do with those on another day!)

This entire process takes about one minute of my time.  That's a ton better than letting it stack up on my desk and irritate the heck out of me!

No comments:

Post a Comment