Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Who Knew?

Today is Carol Burnett's Birthday!!  She is 78.  If you grew up in the 70's I can guarantee that you spent one night a week gathered around the television with your family laughing and enjoying the "Carol Burnett Show".  Some of the most hysterical and talented people would make you laugh, sing to you, dance for you, and simply entertain you for an hour each week.  In my opinion there has never been another television show that has even come close to being as entertaining and reaching all ages groups. 

I wanted to pull up some interesting facts about Carol, but honestly there was so much that I'm just going to link you to Wikipedia so you can enjoy the entire piece:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carol_Burnett

I will share two of my favorite things about Mrs. Burnett though.  One is a passage I just read on Wiki:

When Burnett was in the fourth grade, she briefly invented an imaginary twin sister named Karen, with Shirley Temple-like dimples. Motivated to further the pretense, Burnett recalled fondly that she "fooled the other boarders in the rooming house where we lived by frantically switching clothes and dashing in and out of the house by the fire escape and the front door. Then I became exhausted and Karen mysteriously vanished."[4]

This is a little girl I would have LOVED to be friends with!!

The second is a youtube clip created in 2008 of some of her funniest skits (part 1 and 2).   ENJOY!!

 


HAPPY BIRTHDAY CAROL!!

No comments:

Post a Comment