Thursday, April 7, 2011

Who Knew?

I feel like I have let my readers down, but I didn't know until a few minutes ago myself.... Today is NO HOUSEWORK DAY!!  WHO KNEW?  I had to hear it from McDonalds who was tempting me with a milkshake in celebration of this fabulous holiday.

A quick little bit of research and this is what I have learned.  There are two ways to celebrate this holiday.  If you normally do housework, you must cease and desist for the day.  No laundry, dishes, taking out the trash, etc.  You need to just kick back and enjoy the day.  If the urge to clean is too great, be sure to leave the house - go on a picnic, do some shopping, meet up with friends....but avoid housework at all cost.

If you are the beneficiary of your loved ones housework 364 days a year - then you (the spouse, child, significant other) are supposed to take care of all the household chores today.  Show that special person in your life exactly how much you appreciate them!
The origin of this amazing holiday is unknown.  Rumor has it that someone....somewhere.....threw up their hands in disgust and said "THAT'S IT - I'm taking the day off"....but I can neither confirm nor deny.  I choose to not look a gift horse in the mouth.

ENJOY YOUR DAY!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment