Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Weigh Cool!

I joined Weight Watchers back in 2005.  I had been laid off from a job where I had been employed for 20 years, I was 25 pounds overweight, and I had zero self-esteem.  It took me several months to get the weight off, but the journey was an eye-opener and worth every penny and minute it cost me.  I enjoyed it so much that, 5 years later I gained 15 of that 25 back just so I could go back to WW!!  Ok, that part's a fib....as I like to say "life happened" and I turned to food instead of good sense.

Weigh Cool! is my way of passing along some of the wonderful tips and tricks (and recipes!) I have used to take the weight off and keep it off. I am not affiliated with any weight loss company, nor am I a nutritionist.  I'm just a woman who likes to share what has worked for me.  I hope you enjoy the daily tips.

Weigh Cool Tip #1:  If you can't weigh in each week in the privacy of your own home (naked!), then find a light weight t-shirt and pair of shorts/yoga pants/leggings and wear them at every weigh in. It's just a good way to know that the scales aren't being affected weekly by your clothing.  And take off your shoes!  I wear Reebok Easytones and they weigh at least 2 pounds!  I don't want to think I've gained weight because of my shoes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment