Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Who Knew?

I am absolutely not the person one would turn to for beauty tips. So the fact that I have offered not one but TWO tips this week is amazing!  But this weekend I fell in love with a product and I have to share it!

First I have to tell you about my face....well, the oil on my face.  If I could use the oil I have on my face to cook with, I could fry fish and chips for every person, every day, in Britain.  I keep telling myself that this is a good thing - that a well lubricated face cannot crack - therefore, no wrinkles.  So far my theory is proving to be filled with inaccuracies, as my fine lines become well defined.  But, before I end up crying.....I will tell you a little story.

I laid out in the sun last week.  And my good sense told me "for heavens sake, go put on sunscreen!"...but I don't like listening to my daughter, so I just stayed there basking and enjoying.  By the time I decided to go inside, I had blossomed from a lovely shade of  snow-white to a beautiful fire-engine red.  (Bonus beauty tip:  Keep your aloe gel  in the refrigerator... it feels oh-so-good when you have to slather it on.)  Sooooo.....the next time I laid out I took along a new little friend called RX SUNCARE....Sport Sunblock - SPF 70. (Distributed by the Rit eAid Corporation) And it worked well....and I was happy.  But that isn't the hint...

I used this sunscreen under my makeup one afternoon because I was going to be outside a lot, and (drumroll please)....My face didn't feel OILY for the rest of the day!!  I wasn't all 'dewey and drippy'!  It was the most amazing thing.  The sunscreen is very thick and dries incredibly fast.  Perhaps there is a scientific interaction between the ingredients in my mineral makeup and the sunscreen, but I simply like to think of it as a  MIRACLE.

So for all of you lovely ladies who have the misfortune of looking like you are constantly frying chicken, I urge you to try this product.  It was inexpensive, it is recommended by the Skin Cancer Foundation, and if nothing else, will keep you from looking like a lobster this summer!

No comments:

Post a Comment