Thursday, April 28, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

It's OK to Start Over!

Do you ever get so overwhelmed with your house - your papers, your closets, your refrigerator, your computer files - all the things in your home that clutter up your life?  Then DUMP IT!  I haven't lost my mind - I'm serious....GET RID OF IT!

I despise wasting anything.  I will keep a frozen dinner in my freezer for two years, that no one is ever going to eat, because it is so wasteful to throw it out.  I do surveys online and have over 150 emails in my in-box that need to be dealt with.  I have totes in my basement that I really don't know what is in them, but if I were to guess, they are probably loaded with toys and stuffed animals that my girls have not seen in 13 years.  I have simply got to get a handle on my clutter because I honestly think if you de-clutter your 'stuff' you de-clutter your life, your mind, your spirit.
 
Game plan you ask?  DUMP IT. 

I said yesterday that I preach better than I practice, but I am trying to do this .... but by baby-stepping it. First, I'm throwing away that frozen dinner!  And then I'm throwing out all of the condiments in the refrigerator that are never, ever going to be used.  And it is wasteful....but I can't give that stuff away.  And I'm going to DELETE my unread email.  YES, I said DELETE and then empty that trash can too!

Once I get into the groove of it, I plan on tackling the items that are usable and need to be given away.  Not sold in that Garage Sale I'm going to have SOMEDAY....given away.  I'm starting over.  Just like those poor people who lost their houses due to tornadoes and floods....they weren't given a chance to give things away, but I am going to take my opportunity to do some good with all my junk.

You can do this too!!  Start with something small.  See if throwing out that bottle of Marsala Wine that you used to cook one meal with, back in 2009, will really be missed.  If you don't break out in hives, then try something else.  I have a feeling this might be the start of something GREAT!

No comments:

Post a Comment