Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

It's Recycle/Reuse/Repurpose Day!!

My friend mentioned on Facebook one day that she had tons and tons of beautiful brooches that she had inherited from her Grandmother, and didn't know what to do with them.  She just loved looking at them and wanted to display them somehow.  As luck would have it, some creative friend posted this idea and I was around to read it and steal it for my own!  
Here is MY new brooch display board: 





 Isn't this a clever idea?  This is just one of the pretty ribbon bulletin boards you can get at Wal-Mart or Target.  (Although I picked mine up at a Thrift store for $2.02!!)  I just used the brooch pins to hook them on the board.  

I just propped my board up on top of a bookshelf so I could see them and enjoy them as "art", but also left it easy to pull down in case I want to wear one. 

I hope this inspires you to display some of your pins or award ribbons and such!

No comments:

Post a Comment