Thursday, April 28, 2011

Weigh Cool!

Ever considered the Hula?

HOOP that is!  I read a few days ago that hula hooping is fantastic for your spare-tire area and is a good cardio workout as well.  In my world it is also a great way to make yourself do toe touches, because my hoop falls more than it spins.  Either way, it's a great way to have some fun and trick yourself into exercising.  Get outside (or even inside if you have a room big enough!) and see how well you can do!  I bet by the end of the week you'll be ready for some belly dancing lessons too!!

Since I'm Frugal Frieda, I'm just going to search my junk store or Wal-mart for a cheapy hula hoop - but I ran across this website and they sell a collapsible hoop!  You can even customize it!  Here's their link:  http://www.troohoops.com/products/decorator.php

Also, if you want to calculate how many calories you burned while getting your hoop on, here's the math:  http://www.livestrong.com/article/89945-calculate-calories-burned-hula-hoop/

2 comments: