Monday, April 11, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

I LOVE FREE STUFF....is there anything better than FREE?

My birthday is this month and my email is being inundated with free this' and thats!  I have one email address that is dedicated to my survey companies and stores/restaurants/freebie sites.  I keep it all separate from my personal email address because I don't want to get thousands of emails in the same place that I get my banking and utilities information.

So, in having this separate 'junk' email address, I sign up for every Birthday Club I can find!  So far I have BOGO (buy one get one) Birthday coupons from Smoothie King and Big River Brewing,  free dessert from Applebees, a free animal from Build A Bear, and $10 off coupons for Delia's and Victoria's Secret.  I've also received free 'points' from MyPoints (survey)....and the birthday wishes keep coming in daily!  It's fantastic!

Yes, of course this is these stores very clever way to get you in their shops, but if you are a smart shopper you can pair these with clearance items or other specials and come away with little or no out of pocket spending.  As far as the BOGO dinners go, I'm going to go out for my Birthday anyway - why not do it on the cheap?

Here's a list I found on Spoofee that provides a ton of Birthday deals if you are interested.  I'm sure there are tons more if you just search some of your favorite hangoutshttp://www.spoofee.com/index.php?section=birthday I hope you find it handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment