Monday, April 4, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

Turn a chore into Family Time!

My Husband won't buy me another paper shredder.  He hasn't actually admitted that, but he won't.  I have broken 3 shredders...usually within  six months of purchase.  I don't have the time or patience to use one.  I save all receipts and bills for about six months (tax records are kept FOREVER....just a reminder.)  That makes up a lot of paper that I don't feel comfortable about tossing in the garbage.

Every once in a while we have a Burn Party.  With the warmer days and cool nights, this is perfect weather to use our fire bowl on our patio.  My Husband starts a small wood fire and we take all the personal paperwork outside and toss it (a little at a time!) into the fire bowl.  The kids and their friends will roast marshmallows and usually help burn the papers with us.  It just gives us some family time without TV's or computers, plus we take care of a necessary chore.

Just make sure you are careful and keep small children and pets away from the fire!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment