Monday, April 11, 2011

Who Knew?


I have naturally curly hair.  Some call it a blessing (people with straight hair) and some call it a curse (people with curly hair).  I've never known a single soul who was happy and content with the elasticity of their hair.   They might not complain as much as I do...but then again, who does?

I do have the most amazing hairdresser, though...one who doesn't try to sell me a bottle of the latest hair gunk each time I see her (can you imagine?!) and someone who truly wants you to be happy with what God gave you.  She passed along this amazing tip to me - - - and it is my duty to pass it along to all naturally curly heads as well.

CONDITIONER.  Yes, if you have NCH then you already know it is a must for your hair, just to be able to run a comb through it after your wash.  But did you know that conditioner is a FANTASTIC curling product?  Wash your hair, condition your hair....and then leave that conditioner in your hair!  It helps keep those curls curly, without the frizz and without that CRUUUUNCH you get with mousse!

Here's what I do:  wash, condition, rinse and towel dry.  I then run a comb through my hair.  I use an "Intense Repair" hair conditioner (Avon - cheap!!) but ANY conditioner will work.  This conditioner is pretty thick, so I don't use a lot.  I rub it though out my hair, just like you would a mousse and scrunch.  I will add a tiny bit of mousse or anti-frizz product if it's really humid, but not much at all.  Just scrunch as normal and go!

I promise you that you will see an immediate difference.  My curls look much more natural and feel softer.  You also get that extra plus of conditioning your hair all day long!

Who Knew????

No comments:

Post a Comment