Thursday, April 7, 2011

Whit's Wisdom

My wonderful Daddy just turned 75 a couple of days ago.  He loves baseball, Alabama, Bear Bryant and....well, that's about it.  He is the absolute hardest person in the world to buy a present for.  I have bought him more ties and baseball caps than any one man could possibly need (or want!).

Last year I hit pay dirt, though.  I signed him up for NETFLIX.  Smartest thing I ever did!  He has really enjoyed watching the movies, and it's not a difficult gift.  I ordered it online, have it charged monthly to my charge card, showed Mom and Daddy how to order the movies and that was it!  I didn't even have to renew my subscription this year. I've told them that they could watch movies on their computer too, but they seem content just ordering it via mail.

This is a fantastic bargain if you have someone who enjoys TV and movies.  I told my Dad that it was a lifetime gift.  Now if I could just figure out what to get him for Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment