Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who Knew?

This article is a rather personal one.  You see, I have this really good friend named BAM who decided that he didn't want to play nice today and has me very off kilter.  (Note to self - look up the phrase off kilter for next Who Knew.)  BAM is an acronym for Big Ass Microwave - which is exactly what he is.  I wanted a microwave that could be mounted above my stove, but that would have required rewiring the entire kitchen, so I settled for the biggest one I could find - all the bells and whistles too.  And I fell in love with him at first ding.

But today he simply CODE 98'd me.  No warnings signs - just BLAM...stopped working. A code 98 means a service call to an authorized dealer....somewhere within 300 miles of my zip code. And we've only been together for a month.

Where is the Who Knew you wonder?  Just ask yourself....how much do I rely on my microwave?  When your coffee gets cold in the morning - where do you turn?  When you want to make that scrumptious-yet-easy-and-low-calorie mug-egg omelet - who do you turn to?  What about forgetting to thaw out the chicken for dinner?  Who normally thaws it for you?  Exactly.

WHO KNEW just how often you use your microwave WITHOUT even realizing it??  No wonder BAM won't work anymore.  I should rename him Rodney Dangerfield.

Poor, poor Rodney...I hardly knew ye.




No comments:

Post a Comment