Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Weigh Cool!

I hate to exercise.  I have said it a million times and I am sure people are sick of hearing it.  And it's a horrible attitude...especially for someone trying to encourage others to be healthy.  But I am nothing if not truthful.  Exercising stinks.  But it's good for you and has to be done.  (Just like going to the Dentist, I guess.)  So here's a couple of things I do to exercise without admitting it:

1)  Park far away from the entrance.  Do NOT circle around the parking lot wasting time and money looking for that front spot....pull in the lot and park.  I used to say I only do this in the summertime, but now I even do it in the winter.  I freeze in the winter, so it actually makes me RUN to the door....even more exercise that way.

2)  RUN to your mailbox and back.  It's once a day - and it can't be THAT far....so run....full blast.

3)  Watch TV standing up.  It's almost impossible (to me anyways) to stand perfectly still - I sort of rock back and forth.  So if I'm standing up watching TV, I'm rocking.  Hey, it's movement, right??

4)  Wander while talking on the phone.  You can't really do much while you are on the phone, so use that time to wander around your house or outside....every little step counts!

5)  Put the basket on the ground.  When you are folding laundry, put the laundry basket on the ground and pick out one piece of clothing at a time.  Bend, pick up, fold, bend again....instant toe touches!



No comments:

Post a Comment