Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Whit's Wit

One of the funniest things I have experienced in my life is when they BANNED smoking in public places.  I was a smoker back then, and what was second nature to you on Thursday was suddenly TABOO on Friday.  There was no grace period...no easing into it....one day you could smoke wherever...the next day you were committing a crime.

About a week into the ban, a co-worker, who had smoked for many, many years, was sitting in her office when her phone rang.  There was a mini-crisis of course, and as she racked her brain to come up with a solution for the caller, she absent mindedly  reached for her cigarettes and lit one.  It was another minute or two before she realized what she was doing and, instead of putting the cigarette out she flung down the phone, threw her arms up in the air and ran screaming down the hallway "I'M SMOKING, I'M SMOKING!" through the Lobby and out the door.

I think if she would have realized how she looked, she would have just kept on running....

No comments:

Post a Comment